Self Regulated Learning
HOW TO USE THIS SITE TO SUPPORT YOUR OWN LEARNING
Materials and Properties of Materials
- Watch this video of me explaining what is the scientific definition of materials. Yes, I really did hit myself in the head with a cardboard tube, but no, it didn't hurt!! Be sure to answer the questions throughout the video. Best to view it in full screen :)
- It's time to learn some of the science vocabulary to go with this unit. Click on the quizlet link and work through the vocab set. It's fun!
Words Worth Knowing - https://quizlet.com/_3a2cej
- This interactive video introduces the properties of different materials. You will need to submit some work during the video. Full screen works best.
- Have a read of these 2 sheets. You can view them in full screen which would make it easier to see the whole sheet. These are for you to refer back to throughout this unit when you are thinking about which materials are best to use for different purposes, based on their properties.
- Game time! Help save Earth from the aliens, and learn a bit about properties of materials along the way!
STEP 6 (OPTIONAL)
- If you would like some more help understanding materials, and properties of materials, you can watch this optional video which further explains how materials are chosen if there properties suit the purpose of an object.
STEP 7 - CHECKPOINT!
- This is your first checkpoint. Throughout the unit you will reach 3 checkpoints to assess your understanding and to make sure you are on track for success.
- FIRST watch the video to show you how to take the SOCRATIVE quiz
- Then CLICK the link below, which will take you to the SOCRATIVE website
- LOGIN as a student
- Type in MRSMARINI to go to my room
- You will need to enter your CLASS and NAME to take the quiz
- LOGOUT when finished